Belonging in Byron Shire is about more than kale, crystals and yoga. We have a proud counter culture history, environmental activism is in the DNA of the Shire. Repower Byron Shire is about coming together to show we are leaders in environmental action. This movement is for everyone in Byron Shire who wants to help renewables take their long awaited place in the sun. We all have a part to play - show we care about a clean energy future ....
STEP ONE: Complete the Repower Survey.
Turn on the sun
Are electricity prices getting you down? Sick of waiting for political leadership on climate change? You’re not alone, we are here to help.
Repower Byron Shire is a community movement led by COREM and Enova Community to support and inspire us all to transition to a renewable energy future. It’s about switching on people power by decreasing the cost of electricity, increasing local power generation and reducing carbon emissions.
Byron Shire is a leader in environmental awareness. Support this initiative and help inspire your friends, neighbours and the nation to repower with renewable energy.
It’s time to send a message to the market and the vested interests of the fossil fuel industry by switching to clean power together. We have gathered all the information you need to make the switch easy. Read on to find out how ......
The canary in the climate change coal mine has spoken! It’s time to take the power back and claim our clean energy future.
Why Support Repower Byron Shire?
- Around 50% of NSW's climate pollution comes from electricity generation and Australians are the biggest carbon emitters per capita. However, in just a few small steps we can feel good about our climate action achievements.
- Millions of dollars leaves the Northern Rivers when we pay our power bills. Let's cycle that money in our economy by choosing local renewable energy.
- The way Governments are behaving you could believe climate change won't significantly impact people, our environment and own livelihoods. However, we are at a critical stage where we must act. Positive action now will protect our future.
- We can do it! Turn the toxic anti-renewable narrative on it's head. Let's lead by example.
- Actually it is not that difficult, and you can save money. We are here to support your transition.
- FLICK FOSSIL FUELS . If we do not want CSG, Adani and other new coal projects "think global - act local". Action starts in our home and sphere of influence.