Your choice makes a difference
When you support renewable energy it helps drives investment in the sector. Opting out of fossil fuels is the easiest and most powerful action you can take toward a clean energy future.
Three easy steps
The quickest and easiest way to support renewable energy is to switch to an ethical electricity provider.
Great stuff! Fill out the survey and find out how to get your REPOWER sign or sticker. Now you can encourage your friends and neighbours to shift to renewables by displaying the repower sign.
Australias electricity use in real time
Australia's energy market is complex, this data visualisation is a fantastic insight into what our energy mix is today, hour by hour. Check out South Australia to see what is possible!
REPOWER Byron Shire is about switching on people power, to encourage a more equitable and clean energy system for the future. Together we can divest from fossil fuel power, increase local renewable power generation and reduce excess power use. Repower Byron Shire is led by COREM, Enova Community and Zero Emissions Byron.
- Around 50% of NSW's climate pollution comes from electricity generation and Australians are the biggest carbon emitters per capita. However, in just a few small steps we can feel good about our climate action achievements.
- Millions of dollars leaves the Northern Rivers when we pay our power bills. Let's cycle that money in our economy by choosing local renewable energy.
- The way Governments are behaving you could believe climate change won't significantly impact people, our environment and own livelihoods. However, we are at a critical stage where we must act. Positive action now will protect our future.
- Turn the toxic anti-renewable narrative on it's head. Let's lead by example.
- Actually it is not that difficult, and you can save money.
- FLICK FOSSIL FUELS. If we do not want CSG, Adani and other new coal projects "think global - act local".