What would you do with a $1000 voucher From Santos Organics?
Because you care, you’ve switched from single use plastic to canvas bags, from disposable coffee cups to BYO cup - and even to organic produce. Now, why not switch from fossil fuels to renewables? If you’ve already switched, we love you! And you’re eligible to win right now! If you’ve been thinking about it, then now is the time to make the switch.
You make a difference, together we make a change
Sick of waiting for political leadership on climate change? OUR GOAL: 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY IN BYRON SHIRE
Markets respond to demand. Each individual who supports renewable energy drives investment in the sector. Opting out of fossil fuels is one of the easiest and most powerful actions you can take toward the change you want to see. Let’s create the change together and send the message that we want action on climate! Fill out the quick survey (button below) and find out how you can show support for the campaign.
Australias electricity use in real time
Australia's energy market is complex, this data visualisation is a fantastic insight into what our energy mix is today, hour by hour. Check out South Australia to see what is possible!
Great stuff! Fill out the survey and find out how to get your REPOWER sign or sticker. Now you can encourage your friends and neighbours to shift to renewables by displaying the repower sign.
REPOWER Byron Shire is about switching on people power, to encourage a more equitable and clean energy system for the future. Together we can divest from fossil fuel power, increase local renewable power generation and reduce excess power use. Repower Byron Shire is led by COREM, Enova Community and Zero Emissions Byron.
Why support Repower Byron Shire?
- Around 50% of NSW's climate pollution comes from electricity generation and Australians are the biggest carbon emitters per capita. However, in just a few small steps we can feel good about our climate action achievements.
- Millions of dollars leaves the Northern Rivers when we pay our power bills. Let's cycle that money in our economy by choosing local renewable energy.
- The way Governments are behaving you could believe climate change won't significantly impact people, our environment and own livelihoods. However, we are at a critical stage where we must act. Positive action now will protect our future.
- Turn the toxic anti-renewable narrative on it's head. Let's lead by example.
- Actually it is not that difficult, and you can save money.
- FLICK FOSSIL FUELS. If we do not want CSG, Adani and other new coal projects "think global - act local".